On research in image processing and compression
1. From 1982 up to 2020 witnessed a number of works on image processing
in adaptive optical systems, observing distant objects through the
turbulent media. Obtained the recovering algorithms of media-distorted
images, studied the various adaptation schemes and methods of the
optics control on the basis of flexible mirrors and phase transparency.
2. Developed several algorithms, recovering distorted optical signals,
realizing the adaptive optical systems function.
3. The above-mentioned scientific work has been made to the order
of the Russian Central Design Agency “Astrophysics”.
4. The begin of the 90’s witnessed a number of scientific works
and the obtained results dealt with optical image processing algorithms
to discover and recognize objects with unknown parameters as well
as the estimation of information parameters of the objects: coordinates,
angles, scales, and the parameters, defining the object geometry.
5. The communication systems of the new generation are oriented
at transmitting various types of information data streams i.e. they
are multimedia telecommunication systems. That’s why television
and computer images, videoconferences, video cellular communications
and media distant monitoring assume the image compression procedure.
6. Studied the basic known compression algorithms of the static
and dynamic images (JPEG, MPEG). Chosen the algorithms of color
encoding and subdiscretization of signals. Found the basic peculiarities
of discrete cosine transformation and “quick methods” of its digital
realization. Studied the basic types of quantization matrices, advantages
and disadvantages of these algorithms.
7. To solve the digital objects processing task (according to MPEG
standard) the following information has been compiled: found the
most promising algorithm of detection of data block with stable
background, found algorithm of discovering of the moving fragments,
and suggested algorithm of the moving vector estimation to form
P and B frames of the video data sequence.
8. Developed new image compression algorithms based on polynominal
microblocks transformation. Compared with JPEG and I-frames MPEG2-MPEG4,
these algorithms allow to increase 2.5 – 4 times compression power
of the static images. Proved, that these algorithms are very effective
to videoconference communications in the limited throughput channels.
9. Created the C++ language codec, realizing one of the polynominal
transformation algorithms, based on the Chebyshev’s orthogonal transformation
10. Suggested new highly effective algorithms of the moving fragments
detection and defining their movement vector. These algorithms more
than ten-foldly reduce the number of required operations, hence
they can be realized not only in device oriented processors, but
also in the personal computers. The above mentioned algorithms advantages
make it possible to use in internet.
11. More then 10 articles, dealing with this branch of science have
been published in the proceedings of the scientific conferences
in Russia and abroad. The results have been highly assessed by the
specialists, dealing with digital processing and image compression.
About Us |
Image Processing |
Reception | Smart
Antenna Forward Link |
Antenna Reverse Link | Multi
Antenna Reception and Transmission |
balance of info & pilot signal components |
and Data Rate Transmission Control |
| Contact |